Wednesday 22 May 2013

Brian Urlacher retires

From CBSSports


Long time Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher has announced his retirement from the NFL. He had garnered little interest in the free agent market, with the favourite landing spot, the Minnesota Vikings, ruling themselves out. On his retirement he had this to say:

"Although I could continue playing, I'm not sure I would bring a level of performance or passion that's up to my standards. When considering this, along with the fact that I could retire after 13-year career wearing only one jersey for such a storied franchise, my decision became pretty clear."

"I want to thank all the people in my life that have help me along the way," Urlacher continued. "I will miss my teammates, my coaches, and the great Bears fans. I'm proud to say that I gave all of you everything I had every time I took the field. I will miss the great game, but I leave with no regrets."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts